Contact your local politician
Ask your local politicians to support Biomedical Science Day
Writing to your local Minister of Parliament (MP), Welsh Assembly Member (WAM) or Member of Scottish Parliament (MSP) will help to inform them about biomedical science and the vital role it has at the heart of healthcare.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Find your local MP using the postcode search above and enter your home address postcode
- Scroll down to find your local MP’s e-mail address
- Copy and paste the email content below
- Send the e-mail to your MP, ensure you confirm your email address to send.
Dear NAME OF MP
I live in your constituency at (INSERT YOUR ADDRESS) and I work in biomedical science, based in a hospital laboratory.
In the UK, biomedical scientists and laboratory staff play a key role in delivering high-quality pathology services that are the backbone of the NHS – screening for, reporting on and monitoring all diseases and viruses (including COVID-19). Healthcare laboratories are involved in over 70% of diagnoses in the NHS and handle more than a billion samples every year.
I am passionate about raising awareness of the vital role of our workforce and hope to gain your support this Biomedical Science Day to promote the work and expertise of laboratory staff across the UK.
You can show your support on your website or through social media by sharing the following message:
- Today is #BiomedicalScienceDay and I'm giving a BIG SHOUT OUT to our Biomedical Scientists and hospital laboratory staff working #AtTheHeartOfHealthcare 24/7/365. They analyse over a BILLION samples a year!
If you require, my professional body, the Institute of Biomedical Science, also has positive and engaging images for you if you contact them briefly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support.