The IBMS is a professional body for scientists, support staff and students in the field of biomedical science.
As a professional body our aim is to advance the profession and the interests of our members and inform the public about biomedical science. We are not a trade union, who's aims are to maintain and improve conditions of employment for a profession or its members.
The IBMS is responsible for:
- supporting our members' practice by delivering a range of academic and vocational qualifications and professional development opportunities
- publishing professional guidance and educational resources as well as award-winning scientific journals
- providing opportunities for professional recognition with access to Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration and the Science Council's professional registers
- producing IBMS Congress, one of the world's premier biomedical science events, as well as a range of local training and networking events
- providing a voice for our members to policymakers, the media and public by highlighting the vital role of biomedical science in healthcare.