Science Council registration
Demonstrate high levels of professional practice and ethical standards
Professional registration with the Science Council demonstrates your high ethical standards and continuing professional development (CPD), shows you are committed to keeping your skills up-to-date and that you maintain standards of integrity in your practice which give the public confidence in your practice.
Benefits of Science Council registration
There are a number of ways becoming professionally registered with the Science Council will benefit your practice and professional development:
- provides a recognised mark of quality and competence that is highly sought after by employers
- recognises your professional knowledge and experience
- reflects your workplace experience and levels of competence
- provides independent recognition that you have achieved and maintain the Science Council's standards
- demonstrates your ethical commitment and integrity
Find the right register for you
If you are an Associate member of the IBMS and are committed to CPD with at least one year's professional experience and you hold a level 3 qualification or equivalent, RSciTech is the right register for you.
If you are an Associate or Licentiate member of the IBMS and are committed to CPD with two years' professional experience and you hold a level 5 qualification or equivalent, RSci is the right register for you.
If you are a Member or Fellow of the IBMS and have evidence of commitment to CPD for the 2 years prior to your application with at least 4 years' post-graduate professional experience and you hold a level 7 qualification or equivalent level vocational qualification, CSci is the right register for you.